Do I need a permit?

In order to monitor and regulate the uses of the park while still conserving the scenery, natural and historic objects, and wildlife within park boundaries, all National Park Service areas require special use permits for certain activities.

Commercial film and photography is one of these activities. Any group or persons looking to film or take photos using models or props, access closed areas, or use the results to sell a product or sell the film/photos must apply for a permit. Approval of applications is not guaranteed. 

Please be aware the decision to issue or deny a permit for a special park use must follow compliance under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (NHPA), and other applicable laws. Be sure to read the information packet below prior to applying.

Click below and scroll below for more information.

Commercial Film and Still Photo Information Packet